Collector's House in Austin
Collector's House - Architectural Masterpiece
Designed by A Parallel Architecture, Collector's House floats above its gently sloping pastoral lot, embellished by Heritage Live oaks and native plantings. The home sits below the street offering exceptional privacy, despite walls of glass located throughout the home. The home is designed around two perfectly complimentary gables containing soaring ceilings that invite the sunlight through an expansive steel ridgeline skylight and walls of glass. Organic materials juxtapose the architectural lines balancing form with nature, creating the perfect setting to appreciate the natural beauty, entertain and relax. The massive rear wall of windows, broken up only by a glowing fireplace, connect the large deck which surrounds a plunge pool.
The luxurious primary bedroom sits in the rear of the home, peacefully calling to the landscape filled with native plants and plays of color. A reading room offers a central place to unwind and two additional bedrooms are located upstairs and have treehouse like views. The heart of the home is an open cook's kitchen with a massive stainless-steel island, surrounding quartz counters and custom cabinetry that allies form and function. High-end appliances and a generous pantry, with stainless steel pass though appliance garage. The light filled kitchen and dining area offer the ideal opportunity for family and friends to cherish this idyllic masterpiece.
Magnificent Architectural Details
The published design features include a plunge pool, steel windows, custom mill work and European overlay quarter sawn cabinetry, gas appliances, leuders limestone plank wall finishes, steel ridgeline skylight, stainless steel island with prep sink, 28-foot piers, attic storage space, blown insulation, focused native plantings, curated finishes. The awesome skylight measures 18 feet by 6 feet and provides a shifting show of natural light.
- 3 Bedrooms / 2.5 baths
- 1/2 acre lot
- Nearby: 11 minutes to downtown, 14 minutes to Austin Bergstrom, 1.3 miles to Central Market, surrounded by parks and greenbelt
- Foundation: 18-inch-wide and 28 ft deep piers hold up a matrix of steel beams that elevate the structure, hold it steady and protect it.
- Water Heater: Rinnai Tankless water heater
- Crawlspace: Fully encapsulated with moisture barriers, air flow control, temperature monitoring and control
- Appliances: Jenn Air Double oven, microwave, dishwasher, gas cooktop and rangehood, Miele built-in coffee maker, custom panelized front refrigerator and freezer, and Electrolux wine cooler
- Insulation: Spray foam
- Sprinklers: Inground
- Windows: Marvin Integrity wood clad, custom steel ridgeline skylight and additional skylight in stairwell.
- Roofing: Standing seam Galvalume metal roof
- Wood Flooring: 5" wide plank oak
- Decking: Mahogany stained IPE deck
- HVAC: Double units, installed in 2019, providing dual zone cooling and heat (Carrier)
- Fireplace: Ventless gas fireplace with custom steel enclosure and steel diffuser
- Fence: 420 feet of western red cedar
- Pool: Pebble sheen finish with mosaic glass tiles and 6.5'deep end
- Grill: Outdoor gas outlet
- Landscaping Design: Gatewood Designs, Matthew Gatewood
- Interior Steelwork: Steelhouse MFG
- Cabinetry: Tim Cuddy
- Publications: See "From Art to Finish", Austin Monthly.
- Internet: Area is wired for Google fiber and other high speed providers
29 Pillow Road, located in Sunset Valley, just minutes from downtown Austin. Sunset Valley boasts a small community (650 people) with rural feel and friendliness. In this unique community, benefits include:
- No city property tax, you only pay for Travis County and AISD.
- Rebates on just about anything related to the environment (rainwater harvesting, solar panels, energy efficient HVAC, toilets, etc.)
- Subsidized water and trash bills
- Ease of participating in local politics and through citizen-based committees
- Free mulch delivered to your home, 10 yards at a time.
- City’s Public Works arborist on staff available to community
- Community art events.
- Dwell: https://www.dwell.com/article/an-art-collectors-home-near-austin-asks-dollar3.79-million-55f5816a
- Austin Monthly: https://www.austinmonthly.com/from-art-to-finish/
- New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/realestate/real-estate-agents-pandemic.html
For more information see www.mmogavero.com
- Hardwood Floors
- Large Lot
- High Ceilings
- Quartz Countertops
- Quiet and Private
- Shopping Nearby
- Walk-In Closets
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Side-by-Side Washer and Dryer
- Open Floor Plan
- Large Kitchen
INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN BELIEVED ACCURATE, BUT NOT GUARANTEED.
© 2022 MIKE MOGAVERO